Get Your Dog License Here
- All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed. Licenses are issued by the County Treasurer
- All dogs must be under control and must not be allowed to run at large. Dogs are personal property, and owners are responsible for damages caused their dog.
- It is illegal to mistreat or abuse any animal. Violations should be reported to a local humane organization or the police.
- It is illegal to abandon or attempt to abandon any dog.
- No dog under seven weeks of age may be sold, traded, bartered or transferred.
- You may not place any poison or harmful substance in any place where dogs may easily eat it, whether it is your own property or elsewhere.
- You must have a current kennel license if you operate a facility that keeps, harbors, boards, shelters, sells, gives away or transfers a total of 26 or more dogs in any one calendar year.
- Owners of dogs and cats 3 months of age or older are required to have a current rabies vaccination. It is illegal to interfere with an officer or employee of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture engaged in enforcement of dog laws.