Meetings: 1st Tuesday of every month @ 7:30pm
The public is invited to attend
Questions? Email us at EAC@westpikeland.com
Environmental Advisory Council Members:
- Bryan Maher, Chair
- Linda Reichert, Co-Chair
- Janet Perry, Secretary
- John Matthews
- Warren Fox
- Donna Switzer
- Glen Wenger
- Richard Pomeroy
The West Pikeland Township (WPT) Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) mission: To advise the WPT Board of Supervisors and other WPT committees on matters dealing with the protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources located within WPT.
In addition, the EAC will:
- Establish positive and constructive relationships with WPT municipal officials and attend other WPT municipal meetings to provide EAC input and presence.
- Solicit and share the opinions and perspectives of the residents WPT regarding environmental issues within WPT.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with subject matter experts and concerned residents of WPT who are committed to the preservation of natural resources within WPT.
- Educate the residents of WPT on environmental issues that have an impact on the residents and natural resources of WPT.
- Participate and coordinate with regional environmental and planning organizations with respect to environmental issues (e.g., Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee).
- Identify and pursue grants and other opportunities that provide for the study and improvement of natural resources within WPT (e.g., Return on Environment).
- Solicit and encourage public participation in all EAC activities, maintain maximum transparency at all time.
Section II: Public Participation
Section III: News
Many thanks to our Environmental Advisory Council for hosting our township’s Shredding Event. We had over 100 cars drop off their papers to be shredded and 3.56 tons of paper recycled.
The Great Backyard Bird Count is February 12-15, 2021. Learn more here
Section IV: Resources
– PA Dept of Environmental Protection – https://www.dep.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
– PA Dept of Natural Resources – https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
– Phoenixville Regional Comprehensive Plan – https://www.phoenixville.org/332/Phoenixville-Regional-Comprehensive-Plan
Penn State University Extension: https://extension.psu.edu/
Non-Governmental and Non-Profit Organizations that support natural resources in our area:
– Green Valleys Watershed Association: https://www.greenvalleys.org/
– French and Pickering Trust: https://frenchandpickering.org/
– Delaware Riverkeeper Network: https://delawareriverkeeper.org/