Meetings: 1st Thursday of every month at 9:00 a.m. Click HERE to see upcoming events.
Environmental Advisory Council Members:
- John Matthews
- Donna Switzer
- Warren Fox
- Linda Reichert
- Janet Parry
- Glen Wenger
- Richard Pomeroy
The West Pikeland Township (WPT) Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) mission: To advise the WPT Board of Supervisors and other WPT committees on matters dealing with the protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources located within WPT.
In addition, the EAC will:
- Establish positive and constructive relationships with WPT municipal officials and attend other WPT municipal meetings to provide EAC input and presence.
- Solicit and share the opinions and perspectives of the residents WPT regarding environmental issues within WPT.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with subject matter experts and concerned residents of WPT who are committed to the preservation of natural resources within WPT.
- Educate the residents of WPT on environmental issues that have an impact on the residents and natural resources of WPT.
- Participate and coordinate with regional environmental and planning organizations with respect to environmental issues (e.g., Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee).
- Identify and pursue grants and other opportunities that provide for the study and improvement of natural resources within WPT (e.g., Return on Environment).
- Solicit and encourage public participation inall EAC activities, maintain maximum transparency at all time.