Updated: Apr 15
Summer in the Park Series Teams Up with Tails and Tales
West Pikeland Township Parks & Recreation Committee and Chester Springs Library are teaming up to offer a great lineup of summer programs for all ages. Enjoy these three outdoor shows at Pine Creek Park. Registration will be available soon from the library’s e-calendar at www.chesterspringslibrary.org > calendar. Masks and social distancing are required. In case of bad weather, these programs will be held via Zoom.
· July 7 @ 10:30AM: Critter Connections - Fascinating reptiles, insects and small animals that are rarely seen close-up, you’re going to love this!
· July 14 @ 6:30PM: Community Bollywood Dance Project - Experience the music and rhythms of India, learn Bollywood dance moves and explore the richness of India's culture.
· July 21 @ 10:30AM: Digger & Dave as Dr. Zing-Zong. A Doctor of Mus-ick-ology who shares his silly brand of dance, magic, clowning, and rhythm with his puppet Digger.
In addition, Teachers of Nature will present six live animal shows via Zoom. Registration for these classes is also available on the library’s e-calendar.
· June 16 @ 10:30AM: Stars of the Show – Visit Nature’s Nursery animal rehabilitation center, meet the permanent residents and hear how they came to live at the center.
· June 23 @ 10:30AM: Amazing Aussies – Take a "Walk About" and enjoy the antics of some amazing kangaroos, wallabies, and emus.
· June 30 @ 10:30AM: Spikes and Shells – Porcupines use spikes and turtles use shells. Explore how animals protect themselves.
· July 28 @ 10:30AM: What’s Up with Your Tail? – Have you ever wondered why animals have tails? Find out all the interesting things animal tails are used for.
· August 4 @ 10:30AM: Falcons – How fast can a Falcon dive? How do they catch their prey? Investigate the livelihood of Falcons.
· August 11 @ 10:30AM: Reptiles as Pets – An interactive class to prep you for a pet reptile. Meet some common pet reptiles like dragons, pythons, geckos, frogs and more.